Ford-issued Model Cars --57 T-bird, 63 Fairane, 66 'stang

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
Back in the day, after you would purchase a Ford, Ford would send purchasers models of their cars. My Mom had these put away for the longest time. Can anyone tell me anything more about these? They're not eBay bound (never), but I'm curious if they have any value.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

On the bottom, the Fairlane has text of the car's features--like galvanized metal to resist corrosion. :D

The cars are a '63 Fairlane 500, a '57 Thunderbird and a '66 Mustang. The Mustang was my Mom's, and the Fairlane and Thunderbird my grandfather's. Sadly, all have since returned to that big car lot in the sky (not wrecked, but sold--long ago). What I wouldn't give for any of these...

I'm sure they are worth something to someone...having not seen anything like that for sale before, I've got no idea what the market for them are.

What I have seen on Public Television's Antiques Road Show is that things like that are more valuable as a set. With that said, the better the condition and the more detail in each piece the higher the value, and can you prove that they were sent to your parents by Ford, ete. in order to offer some kind authenticity.

Hey!!! If u do consider selling I would Gladly pay for the T-bird! I have a secial place in my heart for em. I bought a 65 when I was 14 for basically nothing and now have her in top condition. Its not a baby bird like the model u have but still.... when u attach yourself to a certain breed u love all the years and models. let me know if u want to sell her off.

When I get back in town I will post pictures of her! I rarely show her off. and Samantha needs a lil recognition :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a '67 Galaxie on eBay that went for a pretty good price. It says it's a dealer promo model.

Your 3 could be a good find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses, fellas. It looks like they're worth putting under a plastic case. :)

Woppy--I'm sorry, but I cannot sell. My mom had these tucked away for the longest time (just by chance), and I'll display them. My yet-to-be-born, not-conceived ungrateful kids likely will sell them, though. :D ("Dad and his stupid toys.") jk

Thanks again fellas.