Ford leading the domestics in reliability

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a link recently pertaining to JD Powers and their 2008 ratings for cars and trucks.

Toyota and their related brands were on top. Ford and their related brands were a tiny bit behind them in overall quality and customer satisfaction.

I personally take more creedence in JD Powers than I do Consumer Reports.

But both turned out good for Ford this time around. :)

I read it every month, but just use their opinions as a reference.

I always double or triple check opinions on anything I'm thinking about buying.

Consumer Union the only union Caymen is against...:lol:

I kinda like CR, they seem to be pretty accurate and a good source

for products for the most part.

Re. "Leading the domestics in reliability..."

Reminds me of:

"winning a debate on the Internet"...

or:

"coming in first at the Special Olympics".

TJR

I like CR. Since they don't take a dime in advertising dollars they are pretty much the most unbiased company around. Not to say they are perfect but for the most part it's a good tool to use when purchasing stuff. A lot of people don't like it because they don't print what they want to hear. I'm sure GM and Chrysler owners hate it but I find they are right on the money with their assessments of those vehicles.

TomT,

I agree with you. They may have some quirks, and like anyone brokering opinions sometimes their opinions differ from mine...but still, they are the best thing out there.

TJR

A lot of people don't like it because they don't print what they want to hear. I'm sure GM and Chrysler owners hate it but I find they are right on the money with their assessments of those vehicles.

This is what "grinds my gears" (name that refrence) about CR.

Explorer Sport Trac is Recommended.

Explorer is not recomended.

In the late 80's, Ford and Mazda sold the same car. The Mercury Tracer and Mazda 323. Both were made in the same plant on the same assembly line. Both had the same engine, same tranny. Same tires, same brakes. Same springs and shocks.

Thier verdict. The Mazda rode better, had better brakes, the engine ran smoother, the tranny shifted better. Buy the Mazda, avoid the Mercury.

CR is nothing but opinions. Guy number one always hears about the Toyota being the perfect vehicle. He buys one. He ends up with nothing but problems. He shrugs it off. I got the 1 in a million bad.

Guy number 2 buys a Ford. He drives it for years and never has an issue. He got the 1 in a million good one.

Go figure.

Tom

Caymen,

Opinions and "feel goodness", not facts, sway more people towards making their decisions than anything else. Case-in-point, our last several elections.

I hope that isn't news to you!

For what it's worth, when it comes to vehicle opinion surveys, CR is still the best game in town...for what it is.

TJR