Ford Loses $1.2B in 1st quarter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caymen, what difference does it if those products I mentioned are still made in America or not? I aske because plenty of imports are made in America, but I have seen you dismiss them over Fords in the past. Or, did you mean to imply that it is too late for some products and services, and you can only buy imports and that's just the way it is. If so, I might counter that maybe in 5 to 10 years, that should JUST BE THE WAY IT IS when one can't buy GM, or gasp, Ford.

The point of my post is that so many people like to claim the "high ground" on buying from the big-3 instead of buying an import car, and claim they are saving jobs, but then consume other things in a fashion with disregard for the local retailers, and other domestic products.

Very few are totally "Patriotic" in their consumption, in other words.

TJR

TJR, Isn't it the Big 2 now instead of the Big 3? Is Chrysler still considered to be "american"?

I don't always have a choice with where an item is made when purchasing something. I do have a choice when buying a car. It does make a difference.

People compare buying a car made in Japan to buying a TV made in China. The difference is that when buying a TV, I do not have the option of buying one made in the USA or China. I have a choice to buy tools made in he USA or China. I try to buy the US made goods. Even if it costs a buck or two extra. The benefits of buying as much US made/US owned goods benefits us all more then we can imagine.

Tom

Sure you have the choice Caymen. Last I knew Philips, RCA and Zenith were still in business, you also have the choice to NOT buy, if no American made products were available, and if everyone did that, well I guess American made products would rebound, right?

Asking someone to buy a Ford because it keeps Americans employed is not much different than asking someone NOT to buy a product unless it is made in America...they are the same in that both can be considered having the consumer sacrifice.

Some would rather do without than buy from the big 3.

TJR