Ford pushes showroom debut of Edge to December

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
Ford pushes showroom debut of Edge to December. Possibly as a result of lukewarm reviews thusfar. Not sure what production changes you can make in a month but what do I know? Anyhow, through the years I've learned to take reviews lightly because many of them aren't very subjective. Numbers don't lie, but a reviewers opinion I take with a grain of salt. But the power of a good review is undeniable. For Ford's sake I hope the public takes a good liking to it. I like the Edge but that's based on looks and some specs alone. Looking forward to checking it out at the L.A. auto show this month. Looking forward to the 07 Trac as well. Up to know I've yet to sit in one!

Anyhow, here's a link to one Edge review:

I'm going to look at them. The 3.5 duratech with 265 HP is not a shabby deal at all. We may swap the wifes mariner for one at some point. If they come out with a blue on. They don't have a blue listed.

It's not worth 35k and for that price it could have looked alot more nicer.. and at that angle in the pic remiinds me of ....do I dare say....Grimlin ha ha ha....sorry that was the first thing that came to mind....AFTER ...it looks plain. Thumbs down Ford on Appearance.

Bring back the Concept Trac!

The Edge is to compete with the Nissan Morono and the Chrysler Pacifica. The reviews are very positive and the automotive world says Ford is going to kick the snot out of the competition.

On a side note, for those that read Consumer Reports as the gospel truth, the Fusion and Milan have exceeded the Camry and Accord in quality and reliability.

Tom

One car model is not going to save Ford. Even the new CEO says they are NOT competitive in the market place.

Putting one leg in your pants isn't going to get you dressed, but it is a start.

Tom

Here is a shot from my cell phone,,, Lots of Edges and MKX's sitting around

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
meh ... change the name plate to mazda and call it the cx-9 and they all gush all over it...

3 rows of seats - I don't want that - 3rd row sucks for whoever has to sit there and there like a foot wide of storage space left - I rented a pacifica once on a business trip and with all the seats up the storage space was pathetic.

Nice looking but way to expensive. I'll take my wife's new RAV4 over the Edge any day. Faster and better gas mileage.