Ford Recalling 3.8 million vehicles for speed control switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting. probably not related but just noticed this weekend that my cruise control no longer works on my 04 adren :(

About time. Now I can get my wife's 97 Expedition fixed. Been afraid it was going to catch fire anytime.

Atleast Ford admits a problem and wants to resolve it. Unlike Toyota, my neighboor needs 2 engine rebuilds (under warrenty/engine sludge) and I let them borrow my ST until they can afford a new car.

Could be, but at least the Toyota problem hasn't burned anybody's house down yet. The Ford problem has and it took a lot of lawsuits to convince Ford to acknowledge the problem.

Point being, over 550 complaints. Neighboors knows of 3500 complaints and atleast 100 class actions. And yet not one peep about it on the news local or national channels. Yet they want close to $20,000 for both engine rebuilds. Who has a spare 20K laying around with 3 kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
That article is not the whole story. This CNN Link has the list of other vehicles affected that are not being recalled........That's right....you guessed it.....2002-2003 Sporttrac !!!

Good info, Darryl.

Glad I already replaced mine on my own. I wasn't comfortable waiting for a recall that may never come (to replace a $17 part).

Latest posts