Ford Tonneau Chipped

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Cat

Reaction score
I just bought a used Ford Tonneau off ebay and it has some chips in it. The seller did tell about these so he is not at fault. My question is what can I use to seal these so water does not get into it and make more damage. I was thinking maybe black silicone stuff might work, but any other ideas? I got a very good deal on this cover and just trying to fix it so it doesnt create any more damage.

This might work.

e88a3a066ee80cf0785ce50f04bcae8a.jpg

Has anyone tried to fix it before? I dont want to put something on there that will just cause more damage. Nelson that might work. I have to go to Ford tommorrow to get the locks for it so I will ask them what they recommend too. Any other Ideas or has anyone fixed theirs before???

If you're hesitant about using a product that may cause more damage, but you want to do something right away, go ahead and use the black silicone sealant in the meantime. It'll certainly protect from the weather, and you can always peal it off later if you don't like it.

Let us know how the repair turns out. I may need to know someday. :)

Perhaps if you posted some pics of the damage, someone here could help with recommendations. Since the Ford tonneau is made of plastic, minor chips shouldn't matter.