forgot what my trac felt like....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
So I have removed my K&N, my y-pipe, my cat, my tunes.... I've almost gone full circle back to stock and man does she feel different. It's weird having driven around with her running at her peek and now returning her to the basics. It's quiet. It's slower. And it's amazing that I was at once impressed at this when I first test drove one! lol

It's sad..... no one looks over at me at stop lights any more wondering where all that noise is coming from :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Woppy,

I Figured you were going back to stock when I saw some of your mods in the Swap and Sell as well as you buying stock shackles and other stock parts. Are you getting ready to sell or something?

I unfortunately got one of the cursed trac's that always seems to have tranny issues. I currently have 88,000 miles on her and have decided it wiser to sell it b4 i hit 100,000 to keep what little value I still can in it. I've put many hours into it and love it to death but she's just to high maintenance. I'm either going to get a toyota tundra/tacoma or another used st first gen. When I'll finally make the plunge I'm not sure... I've been fighting myself over it... but in the mean time I wanted to get all that I could out of the way.

sniffles.

:(

Man I wish you lived closer.... My tranny shop would fix that thing right the first time...

Todd Z

Man I wish you lived closer.... My tranny shop would fix that thing right the first time...

Same here. The local shop here does a flawless job at a great price.

Tom

Tom,

I believe you feel the same whey I do....

IT pains me to see all these issues that are mechanic error and not design issues or manufacturer problems....

Yes there may be issues with the ST but once fixed right, they never come back..

Todd Z

Correct. And after forking the money over to these guys the first go around it doesn't make economical sense to take it anywhere else while it's under warranty... it's a oddball catch 22... Either way moves are going to be taken soon and who know what I'll end up driving...

I'd really like an 04 or 05 adrenalin...

hmmm....

Too bad I no longer live in Suffolk. I'd make you a helluva deal on a 2004 Adrenalin that's not experienced any major issues.:)

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: