Found out why my trac has run like crap the past 3 weeks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Peters

Reaction score
I was getting a sulfur smell, idling was poor, terrible MPG, overall very poor performance. Well I was on my way to pump gas this morning at the usual gas station. I pull up and see a garden hose running from the back of the building into a filler hole in the ground where fuel trucks fill underground tanks. So I was curious, I walked behind the gas station and saw the hose was on and water was clearly running. I went back to the fill hole and pulled the hose out and sure enough, water was running, filling the underground tank. At this point, the attendant ran out and claimed he was cleaning the underground tank, but spoke little English.

I said to him, you know its illegal to do this, he said he didn't understand. So after a week of fresh gas from another station, trac runs great!

Obviously I should have taken pics but can I report this?

usually the State Department of Agriculture handles this type of thing. Too bad you didn't get a picture. You should report this fast. They probably already scheduled a delivery.

There should be a sticker with a phone number on the pumps, that show they were inspected by the state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though you didn't take pics you can still report him for it. There's probably still plenty of watered down gas in the underground tanks and when they test them and the pumps they'll be able to prove it. :angry::smack::fire::fire::fire:

Yes, definately report him & the station. You could even call a local TV station as they would probably like to jump on a story like that, especially with gas prices the way they are. I be the guy will be dumb enough to keep on doing it, so go back and take some pics; would be better if you had a camera with a 150mm or longer lens.

Answer: to take pictures of shit like this!

Question: Why cell phones have cameras.

You should whipped out your phone annd started clickin. Definitely report them.

Report it, it is SUPER EASY to show water in fuel. They put a paste on the dip stick, slide it down the tube and POOF...

Shows water and how much is in there.

:worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless:

couldnt resist given the threads context

Thats gotta be bad for your truck running water-down gas, you should have beat his ass.:smack:

Latest posts