Front Bumper After Body Lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Kerr

Reaction score
I was wondering if after doing the 3" BL if the front bumper is still functional in a crash once you have moved it. It seems to me that it would be there just for show. If it no longer functions for its intended purpose what would be some options in order to still have a functioning bumper? Leave it where it is and just remove the plastic cowling? Buy an aftermarkey bumper like the dixon bros?

Did you already do the BL? Pretty much it's just there for show. You can get a front bumper and grille guard but you'll have to make mods to the brackets since the rest of the body is now lifted to line it up.

No, I have not lifted the truck yet. I am trying to get a handle on all the issues related to it before I commit. So it sounds like I would need to buy an afermarket bumper. What about just removing the cowling and leaving the bumper in its original location?

Westin and other companies make the front brush guards that you can get but like I said you'd have to modify the mounting brackets. As far as keeping the bumper in the stock place with the BL I'm not sure it would work unless you cut the bumper cover and extend it to fit the bumper under it. :unsure:

Well I was thinking about removing the plastic bumper cover completely and just leaving the actual bumper attached to the frame where its supposed to go?

It does not affect the bumper that much anyways, and it will still be very functional (trust me) Plus the bumper is rather thin to begin with. Just move it with the lift and be done with it. Also if you remove your cover and just leave the bumper your ST will be very ugly IMO.

yes. you have to tack it together and and check the fit before you weld it up. I had to re fit it 3 times. The shop that did my body lift didn't trim enouf off and I had to trim some more off to get the bracket to fit right.

Jerry Gerner....

Can you make me a set? LOL. My brush guard has been off of my truck for about a year now and it sucks! Would gladly pay for work done and materials, plus shipping.

If I can get the dimensions from HO 04. Or I'll get around to getting my ST down to the garage and take measurements and fab some brackets up, been busy doing shows and working on my buddy Eric's Mazda custom show truck. Email me [email protected] and remind me so I don't forget.;):banana::cool:

Latest posts