Front end cluncks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Capps

Reaction score
I have a 2001 4x4 w/ 110,000 miles. Whenever my trac is parked and i place it in reverse w/ the wheel turned hard to teh lesft or right, it sounds liek a cv axles are popping really bad! but if it was teh cv's woulndt it do it in forward gears also? I also get a really weird creaking/grinding noise when turning and hit a good size bump, it sounds almost like the tire rubbing the fenderwell, but i checked it for rubbage, and there is none. I do have stock size tires so im not sure whats goin on here?:wacko::angry::unsure:

nope, brand new pro comp 9000 shocks. i dont think you read the problematic symptoms quite right. but thanks for trying.

really weird creaking/grinding noise when turning and hit a good size bump

I had this recently on my trac. We had to replace the upper control arm and the upper and lower ball joints. Once that was done, creaking and grinding noise was gone.

Whenever my trac is parked and i place it in reverse w/ the wheel turned hard to teh lesft or right, it sounds liek a cv axles are popping really bad!

Does it do this when it is still sitting still, or have you begun to move in reverse before it makes that noise?