Front Stabilizer bar removal.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neal Kyer

Reaction score
Hey im replacing control arms, baljoints shocks bushings swaybar, brakes, rotors and putting all new parts on. Has anyone else removed the front stabalizer bars before. the manual is talkig about using a heavy duty two jaw puller for the back of the stabalizer bar. Do you need this tool or can you get by without it. Maybe oriellys or napa loans it out. Ive never needed to do this before. thanks...

Stabilizer bar/ Sway bar or the torsion bars ???

Todd Z

the stabalizer bar that attaches about half way back on the truck. I took the cover off, and there is an adjusing screw to raise or lower it. Looks like it has some special clips on it that allow it to just be snapped up in to the frame

You will need a 2 jaw puller as shown in the picture. Also this is called a torsion bar..

Chad

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are the torsion bars, Neal. I'm guessing that if the manual says you need the tool then you probably need the tool. Makes sense, right?

k my 3 prong puller didnt do the trick. orielly and advance dont sell the 2 prong pullers anymore. any idea where i can buy one.

I used a 4 jaw puller. Take a look at the picture, I just removed 2 of the prongs. Worked like a champ and was also safe.

Chad

Back is succesfully out. i guess i need a big club to pound the front of the torsion bar free. Sorry for so many questions, Im just a new wanna be gear head. so this is the biggest project i have done.

Latest posts