front sway bar bushing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Aloha folks, 2002 Trac 2wd 155K miles is ready for front sway bar bushings. Parts places list several thicknesses for the bar. How do I know what thickness is on my truck?
TKS God bless Ed

Hi Ed, My 2004 front bar is. 1 3/16 " or 30 mm. Gave you both types of measurement, not knowing what the parts store uses.

Aloha Eddie, thanks 30mm will be the one.
God bless Ed

Hay guys, thanks for the help. Does anyone know if the bushings for the rear links have to be pressed on or just push into the hole?
BIG difference with the front ones, corners flat.
Y'all stay safe! Ed

Thanks SS Hawai'i, I suppose that I must buy the whole part. BTW , did you folks know that the Moog parts come from China?
God bless Ed

Ed, not difficult to remove rear end link bushings with a propane torch or similar. Just make sure you do it outside and have a bucket of water handy. Given a choice I will choose polyurethane bushings over rubber every time. Just make sure to use the supplied grease with the ES kit.

Moog "country of origin" aka COO info:
https://www.suspension.com/blog/where-are-moog-parts-made/

Yea but cheaper to buy links than torch and bushings. Also to have them pressed in.

When I bought the fronts, I assumed USA but the box said China.
Thanks though Ed