front tow hooks OEM

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Rogier

Reaction score
In the proects section there is a tow hook install using part # 1L2Z-17N808-AA

I googled and it appears that this part wont fit my 2010 ST xlt. Anyone work in a Ford parts dept that can tell me if there Ford makes a bolt on Tow hook for my truck and if so what is the part number? Thanks in advance! Mike

hmm I wonder if a front receiver hitch would still work then. I could then use it with a winch on the front or back and also have a tow hook on a hitch .

I put on a Curt Manufacturing 31545 Front Mount Hitch for $144.35. Easy install, nicely made. Hangs a little low, but short of having something custom made this works for me.

JohnnyO:

From your comment, I'm curious if one would mount the tow hooks at the same mount points as the bull bar or brush guard, or if a bull bar or brush guard with integrated tow hooks would be required. My guess is the former, both to reduce the lever-arm effect and because I don't know that I've ever seen them integrated into a BBar or BGuard, but I'm not certain. Which is correct?

Thanks! :banana:

Either is better than nothing, but there are no tow hooks (as far as I know) made for Gen 2 Tracs.

They need to be mounted to the frame to be any good. From the looks of the brush guards I've seen, they seem to mount under the bumper as well as in the middle, so if you attach a tow strap in the middle it should be okay. But I've never seen a Gen 2 bull bar in person, so I can't say for sure.

A couple of police car supply places sell bull bars and brush guards for Explorers.

Now modified, receiver part cut off, shackle brackets from comp4x4.com added:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts