Front Windshield: Attachment of Receiver + Coating?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me two things:

(1) What do you recommend for attaching a GPS receiver to glass? I will be mounting it above the mirror, almost behind the compass/temperature display. The wire will run in the headliner, down the A pillar, under the dash, and pop out near the console tray. The receiver has no adhesive (it's magnetic, meant for a roof, but the magnet should have no effect on the compass, etc. I assume the guts for it are not in the display. Confirm/deny? If the magnet is at all removable, I will take it off).

(2) Does the ST's windshield have any coating on it that would interfere with the antenna? I know some GM vehicles have a special coating, but I have never heard anything about Ford.

Thanks folks. Here's to having all of this fun stuff ready in time for Louisville!

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a small roll of 3M attachment tape from Walmart. It will be usefull for all kinds of things.

around $5.00 I think.

I have a GPS V. I just went to Radio Shack and got a 6' BNC Cable. I removed the antenna off the GPS, connected the BNC cable to the GPS, then connected the antenna to a female to female BNC adapter and connected that to the cable. I then wraped it around the mirror and pointeds the antenna to the windshield. Works great. Little to no loss of signal compared to before.

Tom