fuel filler

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gavin, I suspect the last time was in the mid 80's whn I was 17 driving a 73 Nova (my first car which I still have) Small block 350. Oh the mamories in that car.:D Oh that had the center license plate fill. too. but that is the last time I remember.

Gavin & JJimmy - I had a '70 Cougar XR7, and the filler was in the middle, just flip down the license plate door. I miss that. Not practical for out Tracs, but are there any current cars that have something similar (middle)?

According to the news, the people in the US are way overweight.

Therefore, they put it on the Passinger side to FORCE you to get some exercise as you walk around the truck. See, Ford CARES about us.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Walking around your car is not exercise, but rather mere physical activity.

If your "exercise" program consisted of going around the truck, then you're just too fat to live. There is no excuse for obesity, especially in kids...even dora the explorer is fat, so obesity is an accepted way of life from toddler to adulthood...I hope I am not alive when 300 lbs is the average american weight.

I ran out of gas 'only once' which was when we used to have to wait in long lines to get gas during the 'shortage' back in the '70's.

I used to have a bad habit of running all the way to totally empty. I have actually timed it where the car died as I put it in park at the pump! I also had to push a couple of times. I quit doing that when I got newer vehicles with in-tank fuel pumps, but now they have a new twist - erratic gauges! I've been in three different GM vehicles (I know, that what you get) where the gas gauge was either wildly erratic, totally off, or just plain dead. I've run out twice since then.

Latest posts