fuel filter question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robert broere

Reaction score
i'm getting ready to change the filter.and when i went under to look at it.i noticed that there was 1 line going in and 1 line going out.when i was looking at the projects section i noticed that there where 3 lines on that filter.are there differant fuel filters.

My '01 also has a single line in and out. The filter in the project is for an '02. Replace the filter with the same style/type.

Yes ford changed them almost every year...

Todd Z

001, do a project write up with pics for the 01 and submitt it since there isn't one

..it's all useful info needed and will help the next person in finding the right directions for them with the filters being slightly different etc..

You don't have to word it fancy and if you do need some help with wording the site Admins are very helpful, and you could get yourself a wrench for your efforts. :)

Projects with pics can be emailed here:

It would be best to bring the old filter in, when you get your new one. I just went and bought one, and realized when i got home that I had the wrong one, even after giving them all my info. I think their is even different sizes too.

Brett

i went down to the parts store.asked for a fuel filter .and they only had the one i need listed.so ibought that went to ford got my pvc valve.and will do both this afternoon.will do a write up on the fuel filter.thanks for the quick replys.this site is great.

If your changing out the pcv valve, you should go ahead and replace the infamous elbow attached to it if you haven't already done so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there's a project on the elbow, but just do a search in the forums for "cracked elbow." There's usually a picture in there that shows the exact location---under the black plastic cover that says "4.0 SOHC" ... kinda under and to the left of the throttlebody. You may want to pull off the elbow so you can see all of it.