Fuel Filter??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremiah Morgan

Reaction score
Ok, so I have done tons of fuel filters in my time. But when I went to do the fuel filter on my ST for the first time. I could NOt get the line of with the metal fitting. I have the tools to the quick disconnects but I fought and fought with that damn thing..I pushed them together inserted the tool and pulled, Nothing??

Is there some trick that I don't know of???

Thanks

Mine was the same way. I just had Mr Tire change it for me when they where rotating my tires. I had tried the plastic and the metal quick release tools.

I had mine changed at Ford and two mechanics fooled with it for 25 minutes. This is with the ST on the hoist. They said about 20% of them don't want to come off. It cost me 50.00 total for the filter and labor. I almost did it myself, but I was in for a tranny flush and they said the filter should be changed also so I said ok. Glad I had them do it.

Welcome to Ford fuel filters. Do a search of this site and you will find the problems associated with removing these filters. I tried it once and will never do it again.

I know this is going to sound like a weird distinction to make, but you might have to try either one or both of two things: sliding the fuel line fitting off of the filter, OR sliding the fuel filter itself out of the fitting.

I changed it on the '01, used the metal tool. Insert the tool, twist while pushing the hose on tighter, you'll feel it give, then move the tool and hose at the same time away from the filter till the tool stops. then pull hose off.

Be ready for the splash of gas!

I have all the tools, I tried again today! I fought that damn thing for an hour and still can't get it off..

I might have to pay someone to do it, and I hate to do that!!

Latest posts