Fuel filter?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
hi, i have a question...

Do Rangers have the same fuel filters as the Sport Tracs?:unsure:

Thanks, George:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad has the same fuel filter as my Wife's Explorer, but my Trac has a filter totally different. Depends on the model.

The Trac is a 2002, the Ranger is a 2004, and the Taurus is a 1999.

Tom

i know recently when i went to purchase a fuel filter from Ford dealership, they asked me which fuel filter setup do i have. me having no clue, except thinking 1 in and 1 out, well the ford guy told me that they make 2 different kinds for the ST, and he had to come out and look at my truck to figure out which 1 i needed. mine took the 1 in 1, not the 1 in 2. not sure if this helps any, and im sure it doesnt. but just thought i'd key that factor in. i cant remember what part number my ranger takes, so i cant determine the answer that way either. Ranger is 1995, ST is 2004

I think the filters are different for Flex Fuel vehicles. My '99 Ranger was Flex Fuel, I dutifully took it to the dealer for a new fuel filter at 30k (I couldn't even find the filter) and they had to order it and have me come back later. They didn't even have one in stock and said I was the first person with a FF Ranger that ever showed up to get a new fuel filter.

Thanks,

Well my dad has (or should i say had) a 2002 Ranger XLT. He bought and never put it on. Now he is thinking of giving it to the person that bought the truck or keeping it for my future ST.

I guess he will keep it. IF it does not fit it my future st then, i will someone to give it to.