Fuel pressure sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drivers side of engine, between valve cover and intake manifold. May require removing intake to change, but on the gen 1 I don't think so. Look for the fuel injectors, its in that rail.

If you have the new one. Use it for reference. It is located on the driver side fuel rail. In the pic I put a peice of blue tape on it.

Attachments

• #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 647
whats the Exact code your getting ??

I know this is an old thread but I got this video in my youtube play list today, explaining this exact part/code

"Come along as I show you how to repair a code P0193. This fuel pressure sensor is very easy. The 2004-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac are the same procedure."

If fuel pressure isn't right I'd also be looking at the fuel filter and checking the pressure on the rail. You can buy a fuel pressure gauge that fits the the schrader valve (just like the valve on a tire) on the fuel rail for about $40.

I think on my 2001 Sport trac (october build) the fuel pressure regulator is on the rear of the fuel rail wedged inbetween the engine and the firewall; very difficult to get at.

Very instructional video, great explanantion. Thank you.
However, how does one “reset” the codes? Is it as “simple” as disconnecting one’s negative battery cable for 10-15 minutes? I have a 2004 ST XLT 6cyl 4.0 l engine. Thank you for response.

However, how does one “reset” the codes? Is it as “simple” as disconnecting one’s negative battery cable for 10-15 minutes? I have a 2004 ST XLT 6cyl 4.0 l engine. Thank you for response.
That might reset it. If you have a code reader. It should have a clear code function. Other than that, if the problem is fixed. It will reset after a number of drive cycles.

So I changed the fuel sensor, I found it at ParksGeek. (I think that’s the right site) for $60 with shipping. And the engine light has not come on since. -it’s been on for a week now-

I just received pressure sensor (Bosch p/n: 0261230093003) online for $26. It was correct part for my vehicle. Was rated very highly by all who have purchased before. I returned an “Auto ZOnes” sensor, same thing except poorer quality for whcih they tried to soak me for $93.

only use Motorcraft sensors. Aftermarkets fail quickly.

Knock on wood. I was in a pinch the way my Trac was running. I bought locally a FPS made by Standard. 4 yrs no problems. Paid as much as the MC sensor. I didn't have time to wait 3 days.
All my life I have good luck with Standard brand. I come from the days of 1960 auto repair. I always suspected they were a rebranded name brand.

Latest posts