Fuel Pressure Test

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2005 Sport Trac 4.0L If I rev the motor to 3,000 rpm it sputters and will not go above 3000 even if I put the pedal on the floor. Just driving around town the truck runs fine (I never get to 3000 rpm).

My truck has 60,000 miles on it and I am going to change the fuel filter (1st time, I know past due). I'm really hoping its not the fuel pump. I want to check the fuel pressure. Where is the check valve? Is it the check valve over close to the battery? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

That is the factory rev limiter... Designed so people don't rev the crap out of the engine when it is in Neutral or park..

There is no fuel test pot on the 04 and UP st.....

That is normal..

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd, thanks for such a fast reply. I feel so stupid. The reason why I reved it up was the battery light came on the other day under a load but would go off when at idle. I had no idea it had a factory rev limiter and that is how i would describe it cause is sounded like it was hitting a limiter. By the way (battery light) was the alternator going bad and I had it rebuilt. thanks so much for your help.

Welcome, Any time...

Todd Z