FULL HID kits?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Ritter

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone made a full replacement headlight kit for first gen ST's to convert to HID lights, I don't just want to put in HID bulbs because they seem to unfocused and hurt my eyes when I get blinded by other cars using them, and I don't want to do that to other people...

I did it on my gen 2 and then put a set of silverstars in the fog lights. The kit I got was from Germany, VR HID, no web address, clips into the stock harness. mount the ballasts, install bulbs and your done. 30 minutes. Good luck, Bob

No kits are made to properly convert your truck to HID's. The only way to truly install them is to use a projector housing that is designed for HID bulbs. To do this on a Gen 1 (and Gen 2 I believe) you'll need to adapt a set of projectors from another vehicle (Inifinities are common) to fit into your stock headlight housing. This will give you the correct light distribution and cut-off that is needed.

Latest posts