FYI 2007 Cargo Cage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lukus

Reaction score
I now know why Ford changed or cut off the corners on the 2007 cargo cage and it was not a better ideal ! The 2007 bed rails are wider and the brackets for the factory tonneau cover now protrude inward further.In other words a 2001 -2005 cargo cage will fit a 2007 Sport Trac but NOT if you have a factory tonneau cover.

Actually, Ford changed the design because of the storage bins in the bed. With the old design you would not be able to access the bins, but with the new design you can.

How do we know these things? Ford told us so at the National Sport Trac meet.

Tom

Tom

Do not believe everything that Ford tells you !! They screwed up ! If Ford used the same design bed rails they would have had more access to the bins and not had to redesign the cargo cage. Some day you may own a 2007 Sport Trac and you will see the problem yourshelf. The storage bins are very hard to get to, period . I'm 6'4" and can hardly reach the side bins muchless reach through the cargo cage with the tailgate down. Also note that the factory bed mat fits so well it also make getting to any of the 3 bins hard . Also Tom go to Ford's web site and read up on cash bonus's with the X-plan.

Bill

Bill:

I read your message with some interest because I will have my '07 soon (I hope!). Could you explain your comment on X-plan and cash bonuses a little more? I used X-plan am expecting a $1,000 rebate. I went to the Ford website and couldn't find anything that says otherwise. Do you have different information?

I have an '07 on order and I did not order the cargo cage. I thought I had made a mistake. Now after reading comments from Bill and Tom I'm not sure. Are there any recommendations for aftermarket cages that will fit an '07 or should I just bite the bullet and get my hands on a factory cargo cage?

Hi guys, my apologies for hijacking this thread but I also have an '07 on order. It clearly says Job 2 and a July 31 production date. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it is a true Job 2 with the ipod input or not. When are yours being built?

J

Jayson -

Not sure, my dealer tells me I have a delivery date of August 21st and I'm in Northern Massachusetts. Did you get the cargo cage?

-CB

CB

Let me restate the cargo cage issue, The 2007 cargo cage works on the 2007 ST but it is hard to get too the side bins. The 2001 -2005 carge cage will fit a 2007 ST and work if you do not have the factory tonneau cover.I do not know how a non factory cargo cage will work!

Crash

We had a earlyer post about the X-plan and the military / AQHA type cash bonus.They do not work with the x-plan and that is what I again am explaining to Tom ( Cayman ).You get all rebates with the X-plan but not All Bonus'es will qualify .

I wonder if I am the one that said the military bonus will apply? Nope didn't say that. You did say invoice is less the X-Plan. That is false.

The 2007 bed extender is designed to access the storage bins. If the old extender fits, it is simply by coincidence. IMO, Ford did screw up the 2007 Trac. That is why I drive the upgraded model, the first generation.

Tom

Tom your wrong again !! LOOK at the POST !! I said X-plan and Invoice are the same price.I have the cost sheet in front me !

According to the Fordpartner website, X-Plan pricing for Ford/Mercury is Invoice minus 0.4% + $75 Administration fee. My experience was that X-Plan price on my '07 ST was slightly under Invoice (around $50) when all was said and done. To me, the best and perhaps only good thing about X-Plan is to allow you to quickly get to dealer invoice pricing without all the hassle/work. It is a good deal when it's a new model that they aren't "dealing on" yet.

Latest posts