Garage Floor Epoxy Project

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
I have finished writing up a project on installing floor coating. If your Spring Cleaning plans include this, the project may be very helpful. It is linked in my library (below) and has been submitted to Rich Stern.

Wow, incredible timing! I was just telling my wife that I was going to do this prob next weekend. I'll have to watch the weather forecasts and see if I can go that long w/out using the garage (wife is picky about having her car in the garage :)) Nice project Nelson ... btw, I went to school there in OKC, folks still live in MWC.

Nice write up... Those kits are great and well worth the money...

Todd Z

Nelson

I just put an all call out in an earlier thread about the timing chain issue. I have almost 70,000 on my trac and I think it might be making the timing chain noise but I don't know what it should sound like. Do you??? If so would you maybe take a ride with me if I came down your way. I really don't have the money to fix the problem and need to know it is the timing chain covered under the TSB. I'm in tulsa by the way, not too far from you.

Ryan

Ryan, I've never heard the timing chain rattle since they supposedly fixed this on the '04s, which is what I own. I am pretty sure I know what it sounds like, but I am not much of a mechanic. I could hand someone tools and fetch beer while they fix the chain.

You are welcome to come down though. We might be able to at least narrow it down using the information posted here. Have any of the local dealers in Tulsa tried to diagnose it?