Gas Cap Tether

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine looks the same as Ken's. :( I was so excited when I saw Dingo's setup and thought how dumb I must be for not noticing it before... I had to go out and look to see what I had... I find that the best way to use mine is to open the cap, insert the nozzle, and rest the cap on top of the nozzle... I wonder if that door is available as an upgrade??

Just curious-- My build was in July '06 (Ordered it in June i think it was, and delivered to me Aug 6th, 06) What is the earliest build WITH the hook??

After seeing the Dingo cap, I may try this weekend to "modify" mine with a hook on the door (maybe some epoxy, or some of that 3M double stick tape) and moving the tether to the hinge part. That will be the most difficult I think, but a quick visit the the HELP! section will hopefully make that easier...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's actually a Job 3. Audio input jack and power sliding rear window, and armrest finger cups.

Mine must be a job 3 too then, Where do you find when it was built? I bought mine July 15, 07 and it has the roll down rear window, armrest finger cups, fuel door hook, and the audio input jack.

Mine also has the rear roll down window... I waited to get that on the order form at the dealer so we could get that option. I am lacking on the door cups though (you get used to it, but it is still fun to see people try to get in and close the door--and then get out ("Where is the handle at??")

Jeff C - I never knew they made a cap like that. I orderd one just now. I fill up once a week in NJ and you CAN'T pump your self so they always just drop the cap down and it scratches my black trac!