Gas Prices -- Huge Drop! :-)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
Gas was $2.99 two weeks ago. I filled up with gas at $2.33 (with Murphy 3 cent discount). A 63 cent drop in two weeks is awesome. Now it just needs to get back under $2.00/gal :)

Well, I guess it worked...they have you thinking $2.33 is a good price. Conspiracy anyone?

I paid $2.89/gallon yesterday to fill up...it hurt...just thinking about the road trip to see Sister Hazel we have planned next weekend makes me sick to my stomach. :wacko:

Not good -- just better than $2.99. I'd like to see it back down to $1.59, like it was when I bought my truck a year ago, but then I am dreaming. :blink:

Friday, gas in the Waco, TX area was around $2.65-$2.69, but I have not looked since then. I was out and about on Saturday, but did not pay any attention to the gas prices.

...Rich

Wasn't it about $1.89-$1.99 a gallon this time last year?

(Oct./Nov., 2004, Nashville, TN., anyway?!)

Current averages:

$2.69/$2.79/$2.89. Lewis/Maury County, Tn., area, as of 9/17/05.

58 miles southwest of Nashville,TN., is where I live.

Filled up today:(Did the accurate fill-up; Truck level; facing the same way;

same pump; no one sitting in the truck, one click after full, etc...):

425.5 miles driven;

Divided by 19.3 gallons of gas =

22.04 miles per gallon.

Please check my math, but I believe this to be correct.

The roads that I drive are slightly hilly, two-lane rural-type roads with an average

speed limit of 55 miles an hour. I have been driving conservitively, thanks to the

price of gas, but I do kick in the passing gear at least once or twice a day, to keep

the carbon out of the cylinders!!!

(2005 xlt trac with 5150 miles).

Sorry to go too far off on this post, butI figured I was here anyway!!!

:D

2.39 at some gas stations in southern Michigan. I saw it 2.19 at a costco. The line was atleast 2 miles long.

$2.68 in Weaverville, NC. I'm not hearing as much, "I gotta get me a little puddle jumper, or maybe one of those 'lectric cars." :rolleyes:

It's not down to where it should be, but it is good to see the prices fell almost as fast as they rose.