Gas Prices -- Huge Drop! :-)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices dropping here in Atlanta area too, but one factor is that the Govenor suspended state and local gas taxes for 30 days after Katrina.

These taxes will be added back to the price per gallon in another week or two and prices in Georgia will spike back up by 8 to 15 cents per gallon when this happens.

I cannot stand the difference in 180 miles. In State College, PA, it's about $2.60/gallon. Here in Philadelphia (Villanova area) it's $3.40/gallon. Philadelphia brings the tankers in the port. For all purposes, it should be the opposite. However, you have statious gouging the wealthy neighborhoods here, and the penniless graduate student is a victim.

Yeah, there's some sarcasm in there, but the idea remains true. :)

By the way, the rumors of my disappearance have been exaggerated. I've relegated myself to lurking. There's so much law to be learned and so little time for anything else. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch out for Rita. Oil platforms across the gulf will be shutting down as she passes by. I would not be suprised to see $3 - $4 in the next 2 weeks. Just watch... :angry: