Gas prices

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Kent

Reaction score
Gas in my area is hovering at $3.749.

Excerpted from an AP article:

A gallon of gas costs an average of $3.84 in the United States, almost a full dollar more than a year ago. The average is above $4 in six states: $4.52 in Hawaii, $4.21 in California, $4.18 in Alaska, $4.11 in Connecticut, $4.08 in Illinois and $4.05 in New York.

I am glad to see that since 1973 we have really done nothing to become energy independent.

I see in the news this morning that our marginally-documented President noticed that high gas prices may impact his reelection chances and has ordered an investigation.

Gas companies looking to get rich..... Plain and simple.... They are simply EFFING the states with money to pay it....

And yes we are conserving fuel, so they are selling less and to keep their multi BILLION dollar Christmas bonuses they have to JACK us up and screw the consumer...

Todd Z

Wait till most of the middle eastern countries install the Muslim Brotherhood type goverments. The price of gas now will seem cheap then. Smart cars won't look so dumb and the recessions we've in had the past will not compare to the new version. World wide economic hostage taking....and we still won't be drilling enough in this country because of the tree huggers....IMO

I don't think Christmas bonuses have much to do with current prices, but our refusal to drill our own oil certainly does.

What a concept...

Conserve fuel as it is wise to do from many angles.

Then pay higher prices as we have done so well conserving fuel.

A few years back Cleveland (Ohio) water department put out a lot of literature about conserving water and all need to play our part ect ect..

After three years they then said, you have conserved so well that we are not making enough money to pay the cost of ensuring your water is safe and the cost of the employee's.

Sooo, they raised the price of water..

Got to love it don't you????

Last edited by a moderator:
After three years they then said, you have conserved so well that we are not making enough money to pay the cost of ensuring your water is safe and the cost of the employee's.

I remember that. I laughed my butt off.

Tom

I don't live in the CLE area, but close enough to get the news..

I also laughed, but it was a what the #$%& kind of laugh.

Your public does as you wish and then you punish them, hell of a system...

Gasoline prices get the headlines and the sound bites but what is more important is the price of diesel fuel. Everything in this country is tied in one way or another to diesel fuel. If every car in the country switched to electric we would still need a hell of a lot of crude to make all the diesel we need! Why is diesel so much higher than gasoline? I remember when diesel was a lot lower. Ethanol?

Muslim brotherhood, will 'cause us to drill. I hope!!! The way things seem to be going. Oil might be nationalized here. We do have plenty of oil. It will last longer than needed. Until we really stabilize alterative energy.

The middle east will still sell plenty. The EAU and Asia will suck it up. China might even take it away from them...LOL

Conserve fuel as it is wise to do from many angles.

Then pay higher prices as we have done so well conserving fuel.

Your public does as you wish and then you punish them, hell of a system...

I smell revolution. Im getting tired of being gouged. I believe in capitalism but I also believe there is no excuse. For being a double fat cat. Reality is your consumer is going to continue to conserve. If corporate America continues with the fat bonus. If they dont realize that profit margins, sometimes need to be smaller. They can still be richer than their, future family can spend. This includes the pharma industry and others also.

Just my thoughts...

Supply and demand. Our govt takes a lot our own oil off the market, then the price goes up.

The Bamster doesn't have a problem giving Brazil money for oil exploration though because it will put money in his buddy Soros' pocket.

5 dollar a gallon gas, 10% unemployment, dollar dropping like a rock, foreclosures still running rampant, Three military confilcts, inflation creeping up, higher food prices, 14 Trillion dollar debt....thanks Obama....The question is...are you better off now than you were two years ago....:angry:

The question is...are you better off now than you were two years ago

More people are where I was two years ago. The difference is, I've gotten used to living on $10 a day whereas they're just learning to do so. Hot damn... I'm a veteran of what Bush envisioned for America at the end of his regime.

Funny how more people pay more attention to money on our future generations than non-renewable fossil fuels. Seems like the cart before the horse.

The question is...are you better off now than you were two years ago

I am. The newspaper is full of jobs and I am making more money than I ever have in my life. The only time I was ever laid off from my job was in 2008 when a Republican was in office.

My company has more work than we can handle and are hiring people as fast as we can.

Tom

I think supply and demand has been replaced. It is nowdays what the market will bare.

IMO, there are many things. We get lied to about the profit margin. Fuel, cell phone service, internet service, home use energy of all types, are just a few.

There is a definite problem of greed vs just having more $$ than your family and their families can ever spend. JMHO..

Obama is making money for his oil buddies in Texas.

(I just say that because it's fun to throw it back at Democrats.)

He knows where Brazil and George Soros are and where his money comes from though. It's real easy to predict what Obama will do, just ask what would be good for George.

hello prius....... :grin:

drove down to the sunshine state and the cheapest was jersey at about 3.59 and the rest of the states were about 3.79-3.89. still in florida, so i am sure on long isle it is now above 4.00

06 scion xb did 30 mpg on the trip down.

Latest posts