Gas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Near Pittsburgh, PA, most places are $2.19 except for one Sunoco that's always pretty cheap at $2.17. Also we have a regional supermarket chain that is opening up gas stations/conv stores also, and for every $50 you spend on groceries they take $0.10 off a gallon of gas using your shopper card. The wife paid $1.69 the other day. :) I mean, if ya gotta buy food anyway....

Just got back from a road trip to Mohegan Sun (business trip) I had filled up at home the day before I left for 2.35/gallon. On the way home I was at 347 miles and literally running on the last of the vapor fumes in the gas tank. Deciding not to risk getting stuck half way across the Tappan Zee Bridge I pulled off 287 into Tarrytown and hit the first gas station I found. It was 2.75/gallon for self serve! :angry: So I put $10 in ( 3.6 gallons) and drove another 45 miles till I was almost home and got gas for 2.33/gallon. It's amazing the disparity in gas prices. Most of the gas stations by me are wthin 5 cents a gallon ~2.35 But I still pas places that are over 2.50/gallon. All for 87 octane!!!