GEN 2 V6 4.0 INTAKE !!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
OK,

Since Zabteck is now making the proven Nocturnal intake for the V8 4.6, We decided to see if it could be done on the 4.0 V6...

YES IT CAN !!!!

We are testing this intake on a daily driven truck and once this is proven we will offer it for sale.... we probably will do a group buy for the first batch...

It is a custom fitting and a backward bent pipe, but we got the alignment correct and everything fits perfect !!!

hopefully Matt will chime in and let the site know how it is going !!

Thoughts ??

Here is the intake and then the mod to the inside of the OEM air box.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Will there be a significant increase in HP or MPG?

How much would this cost?

Thanks Todd.

BTW:Sent in the request for the Stickers.

Thanks a million!;)

Bud

sure, the mods become available after i turn my trac in :eek:

didn't know there was a proven V-8 intake :huh:

darn, too late now

for those out there with gen2's, go for the intake :banana:

NICE....Looks Good!

I know there was a ton of interest for the V6 intake......trust me I know! hahah

Glad you guys are having fun with it!

interested in more info (price, install instructions, etc) when available. doubt there will be a big increase but s/b some, impropved throttle response and such more likely

Todd,

Instead of a 180-degree breather hose, why not just install a breather bypass filter like on the Gen 1 V6? With a 180-degree bend in the hose, it seems pretty restrictive.

A nationally-renowned performance shop in my area makes a CAI for the S197 Mustang V6, and they use a bypass filter. They also use an Abaco DBX 85 mass air meter with their intake. Would the Abaco DBX mass air meters would work with the Gen 2 ST V8 and V6 CAI's?

I talked to the techs at this shop last Friday about this intake, and I'm getting one for my '08 V6 Mustang as soon as funds permit, (and a Zabteck TB of course! ;)

[Broken External Image]:

Jeff said:
Please be sure to offer it in black instead of blue. The blue would scream to the dealer - "Warranty Voided", and looks too much boy racer to me.

DITTO! Black Couplers!

TrainTrac said:
Instead of a 180-degree breather hose, why not just install a breather bypass filter like on the Gen 1 V6?

Or Spin the Tube 180 degrees so the Breather tube is facing the engine....then you would only need a 3-4" air tube.

justjimmy said:
How much is the intake for a V8 and how easy is it to put in?

It is VERY easy to install! If you have a Flat head screwdriver you can do it!

As far as price...they have it listed on thier site as $130 (shipping included)

TODD: It might be best for you to talk with Green Filters USA and try to get tehm a Stock airbox so they can fab up a few V6 & V8 filters to accompany your intakes!!!

V8 version:

6c46bdbddad348b7e6910b2793576517.jpg

The hose has to have that loop in it if left connected.... on the ST there is a well under the intake hose that collects the oil that drips from that tube into the intake.... The hose allows it to drip back into the motor over night....

I got blasted about the bypass, thats why I am not offering it just yet.....

Black will probably be the color.... i had the blue to do the test intake....

Todd Z

I'll take one if they don't cost too much and it picks up the mpg even a little. Already have a K&N drop-in filter. Business is finally picking up a little and I have money again.

Todd,

Do you think the Abaco DBX mass air meters would work on the Gen 2 Trac? Anderson Motorsport is using them on their Mustang V6/V8 Power Pipe intakes, and with these meters/larger intakes, no custom tune reflash is required.

My plan for the Mustang is to combine a Power Pipe intake with a Zabteck TB. Figure I'll get a pretty good performance boost from that!:cool:

Will someone post what the expected HP gain is on a V6 with a CAI and tune?