Gen2 Grill Removal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone done a project on removing the grill on the Gen2s?Want to change grill to a aftermarket type thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which aftermarket grill? The black mesh one would look awesome on your truck - It snaps out easy with the front cover off (looks scary but only a dozen or so screws/fasteners)

Yes, I have had the stock grill out. It isn't hard per say but can be a pain in the... There are I believe 4 or 6 scrivets at the top that must be removed. And, I believe 4 down below, on the bottom of the large crossbar. Once those are removed, you can use a butter knife ( nothing sharp here, just thin ). To slide between the grill insert and the bumper cover. There are probably 14 or 15 tabs around the perimeter of the insert that lock into the cover itself. Don't get too radical when wrestling with it or you will break all the tabs off. You may want to install it again sometime. You may have to keep a bit of outward tension on the insert as you work your way around the perimeter. Start at one upper corner and work way down and around. Once you get a few broken loose you won't have to hold tension any longer.