GEN2 STA High Performance Brakes.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd always delivers! I’ve used his stuff on my past SHO’s. Attention to detail is that man’s middle name!

I’ve been putting off a brake upgrade too long, may have to give him a ring.

Side note Les, where have you been running your Coilovers settings? I think I have found a, somewhat, overall sweet spot with mine, but would like another users input. 🤘🏼

Blown09,
My Scale coils ride is soooo stiff and I have them backed off to the softest position. I can’t get any help from Scale what do ever. I’ve had my STA weighted and I’m about to call QA1 or anyone to make me a set of coils that actually have some ride quality. What do you have your s set on?

I found that the recommended preload was wayyyyy too much. I set the springs to 1-2mm of preload(barely any-but enough to keep the spring seated). Rebound settings during summer months are around the 7-8 clicks up from zero all the way around. This keeps things pretty neutral. During winter I drop them to 3-4 clicks from zero.
I don’t have the spare tire or bed cover on, so my rear is a bit firmer than I’d like, but when I have around 100lbs in the bed I can certainly tell the difference in ride quality.

Edit: backing the rebound off to zero really makes the truck unhappy with a bunch of preload in the springs.

Thanks for the info, I’m running about the same with 1 click from open (softest) on the rebound knob and also 2mm of preload, just enough to seat the spring as well. When I set the truck down with weight on wheels my coils only compress about 1/2” under the vehicles weight. The current setting is very uncomfortable to the point of spine compression with any mild bump.

I’m not a suspension engineer by any means but I can’t reduce the coil preload or the rebound any more
, so to my knowledge I’m stuck with the harsh ride. I want to reach out to QIA for their thoughts and maybe they have coils with a softer spring rate.

Yeah, it’s certainly a fairly firm ride.
I might be a little more use to firm suspensions, which to me, this feels extremely planted-but not rattle your teeth out- firm.

But I would certainly love to know if a different spring rate can be fitted!

I noticed that running mine on one of the softest settings made things a little more “over dramatic”. Try adding some rebound to match the spring rate alittle more, it may help tame some of the ride characteristics these have.

Thanks Mango, Keep the rubber side down and drove it like you stole it.

C6E48DBB-A975-4B51-9CAD-C88882979AF1.jpeg

Have a post on the install? Or Pn?

Or are you using the SPC adjustable ball joint on the stock arm(hard to tell in the pic if it’s the factory arm-or modified factory)?

Last edited: