Getting Old... HELP with rejuvinating my Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Baltagi

Reaction score
I just made 170,000 miles... Just replaced rotors and brakes, replaced all four shocks, and replaced the serpantine belt (surprised the belt lasted that long!). I've done all flushes and services on time and have used Mobil 1 since i baught the trac new. Its still drives well, but its not as exciting as it used to be back in its younger days!... What recommendations do you guys have as far as services/cleanings/replacing parts to bring it back to life. I feel its been driving sluggish, not as responsive, and its high mileage is getting the best of it.

Thanks,

Sean

Hey Sean, I right there with ya. My trac turned 140,000 this weekend. I'm jazzing the old girl up first by combing over the body with a fine tooth comb taking care of dings and scratches, then I am gonna lay down some fresh wax, detail the engine, use mothers back to black on all the trim. After that, I am going to put a flowmaster exhaust on it. Maybe a new stereo, already got the new tires, and the window tint redone. I had the injectors cleaned professionally, she runs smooth after that. Maybe a cold air intake, I'm not sure yet.

I want to get 200 out of my big green gal.

Sean, look into zabtecks cold air intake, throttle body and MAF, then go for an exhaust and Xcal3. That will give some serious boost to your engine. Dont forget to upgrade your suspension after all that so that your wheels will stay on the road!

Forgot to mention, i have a k&n cold air intake, updated the throttle body and MAF from todd, a magnaflow exhaust, and i have it programmed with the Xcal... ANYTHING else as far as services/cleanings/replacing parts ?

Sean, At 170K you might look at U-joints for wear and play in them, and if a 4X4 the front hubs... Check for play and noise in the hubs.

Latest posts