Global warming? When did it start?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Loser

Reaction score
That's easy; it started on Jan. 21, 2001, the second GW Bush took office. Think about it- can you remember our leftist media saying SO MUCH AS A PEEP about global warming until Clinton/Gore left 1600 Pennsylvania Ave? Me neither.

Jan. 21, 2001 is also the day that "Walmart Bashing" became fashionable with New York Slimes, Slime magazine, CBS, etc, cause media didn't dare criticize Walmart as long as the "Great Stainmaker" was in office. Why? Cause Sam Walton was not only a huge Clinton donor, but a close personal friend as well. After that, look out! Walmart became a sweatshop, Enron, and Slave market all rolled into one, and this bashing hasn't stopped for one second since the afformentioned day.

THAT'S why I don't believe in Media's "global warming" horsechit.:lol:

P.S. Google: "GLOBAL WARMING SKEPTICS" to hear other points of view. I'm done.

Almost forgot; How to stop global warming?

Well, let's just say if Hillary gets elelcted, (Heaven help us:angry:), you won't hear another word about it, and media will turn WalMart into the world's Andrew Canegie & Mother Teresa rolled into one..........:wub:

Not to mention they can't even publish correct data:

http://www.dailytech.com/Blogger+finds+Y2K+bug+in+NASA+Climate+Data/article8383.htm

Global Warming is a natural process. Earth has always cycled from an "ice house" to a "greenhouse" state. The question is, have humans impacted this cycle? One of the main factors is the amount of Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere, which prevents heat from being reflected from earth back into space, effectively creating a "greenhouse." In the chart below, you can see both the natural cycle of global warming as well as the very recent human impact.

341a91734931cb07a236e8dc75ed3136.jpg

Slowing down this process would be an unbelieveable challenge, often compared to the Kennedy's moon mission. It would require the cooperation of nations around the world and lifestyle changes by billions of people. However, until it is realized that a problem exists nothing will be done. While my political beliefs are in no way aligned with the current administration, I do not blame them for global warming. The fault lies with each of us every time we start our Sport Tracs. Individual lifestyle changes are the quickest way we can make a difference.

Since I am not yet a politician, only a Political Science major at the University of Texas, all I can do right now is reduce my "carbon footprint" by utilizing public transportation, buying recycled goods and recycling my refuse. Writing to your Representative and participating in local elections and public hearings also makes a difference.

Cars causing global warming?

Please. Cars are an easy scapegoat. That is the only reason they are blamed.

Ninety-five percent of CO2 emissions is natural. An overwhelming majority. And the remaining 5% that is done by humans? An underwhelming amount of that is caused by cars.

Want to stop global warming? Turn down the sun. Or recycle paper products. Don't buy anything made of wood, unless it is recycled. That would help more then not driving.

If global warming is 95% natural, how do you explain the never-before-seen rise in CO2 levels within the past 200 years? I know cows do emit a lot of methane, but burning fossil fuels is a primary contributor of greenhouse gases.

Check out the United States Envrionmental Protection Agency and their stance on global warming at the link provided.

bigwtx, in 1993, the EPA attributed all kinds of health problems to second hand cigarette smoke. As a result, in the following years, enormous legislative action was taken, limiting the freedoms of Americans.

The problem was, the "science" was highly questionable and later demonstrated to be false.

Nobody thinks smoking is a good thing for your health, and most people who don't smoke don't care to be around second hand smoke. But, huge and costly social changes were initiated based on scientific falsehood, rather than fact.

Before you go quoting the EPA, bear in mind that it is a government organization directed by political appointees. It's goals are political in nature; not driven by a quest for scientific truth.

This is the problem with "pro-Global Warming" arguments, they rely on faulty information.

I'd have to agree with the last statement that Mr. Stern has said. The EPA is run by money, not science.

Now, for my evidence, I'll quote a non-profit, community edited and monitored website, Wikipedia.

"Carbon dioxide is released to the atmosphere by a variety of natural sources, and over 95% percent of total emissions would occur even if humans were not present on Earth. For example, the natural decay of organic material in forests and grasslands, such as dead trees, results in the release of about 220 billion tons of carbon dioxide every year." - <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_in_the_Earth%27s_atmosphere" target="top">Carbon Dioxide article</a>

In the same article, fossil fuels are blamed for 24 billion tonnes of CO2. A difference of almost 200 billion tons.

Furthermore, CO2 makes up "0.0383% by volume" of the Earth's atmosphere. Granted, that almost minuscule amount is responsible for 12% of the greenhouse effect. So even a small rise in CO2 COULD result in a higher greenhouse effect.

How do I explain the rise of CO2 over the past 200 years? Deforestation could be the problem. Hence my suggestion to recycle paper and not buy wood products. The solution to global warming isn't strictly reducing carbon emissions, you've got to clean up what is already there. We all learn in grade school that green, leafy plants remove CO2 from the air. So recycle your paper, plant a tree, and continue driving all you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
The recent eruption of the volcano in the Phillipines (Mt. Tillatupa. sp?) about 8 years ago was reported to expell more greenhouse gases into the atomosphere than all of mankind since the existance of man on this earth !

...Rich

Another well known source of CO2 emissions: The oceans. They are giant sinks for CO2. When they warm, they emit CO2. Which is why some of the "denier" scientists have stated that CO2 atmospheric rise actually follows the warming of the earth, not the other way around. But, hey, we can't actually allow those scientists to be heard, can we? That would put the "consensus" folks on the defensive...

Another problem: What is the temperature record? How was it gathered? How accurate is it? If you delve into these questions, you'll find lots of data that might not hold up to scrutiny. Certainly not the kind of scrutiny that should happen prior to multi-trillion dollar decisions.

It's not just oceans. There are lakes in CA that have natural deposits of minerals underneath them that when wet react to form CO2. Some lakes emit as much CO2 in a day as more than 350 humans driving Hummers do in a year.

Guess we need to sue Mother Earth for poisoning herself.

When Al Gore stops taking private planes, I might start listening. When Melissa Etheridge starts using a propane powered bus and uses a human-waste digester to produce power for her concerts, I'll start listening. When Leonardo DiCapprio starts walking everywhere and not taking private planes, I'll listen. When the entire Democratic party agrees to get rid of all their private jets and take coach-class public transportation (you can fit more people in an all-coach aircraft, thus lower per capita "carbon footprints") I might start listening.

Until then, I'm driving what I want, when I want and how I want.

How do I explain the rise of CO2 over the past 200 years? Deforestation could be the problem. Hence my suggestion to recycle paper and not buy wood products. The solution to global warming isn't strictly reducing carbon emissions, you've got to clean up what is already there. We all learn in grade school that green, leafy plants remove CO2 from the air. So recycle your paper, plant a tree, and continue driving all you want.

Tiger,

you hit the nail on the head,with rapid development throughout the world and tree's

dropping faster than new ones are planted the earth is DOOMED.

i think the best example is the rain forests in south america, once they started rapidly

developing those areas it seems as though the worlds climate has really changed.

1. Homeless people also ceased to exist during the 8 years of the Clinton administration.

2. The first Earth Day was in 1970 as I recall, I was in 4th grade and at the time they were concerned about global cooling.

3. A couple of decades or even a century is the blink of an eye in the life of the earth. The climate changes whether humans and SUV's are here or not.

I've got a golf tournament to play today, I'm outta here! :D

Regardless if you think global warming is or isn't caused by our SUV's, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is increasing and it will probably become a problem. Maybe it would be a more constructive use of our time if we stopped arguing about whose fault it is and thought about what we are going to do about it.

Perhaps those with four wheel drives should start stocking up on snow tires. When the gulf stream shuts down, and glaciers begin to form in New England, you can more easily make it to the grocery store. Take your own grocery sacks, though.

Chris H said:
Perhaps those with four wheel drives should start stocking up on snow tires. When the gulf stream shuts down, and glaciers begin to form in New England, you can more easily make it to the grocery store. Take your own grocery sacks, though.

Sounds like Hollywood science from "The Day After Tomorrow".

I thought the polar ice cap was going to melt and thousands of acres of shoreline along the whole East cost would become flooded. Sounds like that won't happen if NE freezes up....not much chance that we have an ice-age in NE and a heat wave in the arctic (or are you saying one happens, then the other)?

I'm not a doubter that climate change is happening. I just doubt if we understand what that change is (and whether it is for the overall better or worse), if we are actually causing it, and if we can actually do anything to stop it.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
The theory is that after we melt the polar ice caps, this will disrupt the Gulf Stream, causing it to shut down. Then the warm water that the 'Stream delivers to areas like the Northeast, Iceland, the Isle of Britain and northern Europe will stop, causing the climate to revert to arctic-like conditions, since the warm Gulf Stream water provides the mechanics needed for temperate weather patterns in such northernly latitudes.

So they say.

First we melt all the ice, flood all the coastlines around the world, then cause more ice to cover most of Canada, the Northern US, Greenland, Iceland, the UK and Ireland, northern Spain, Denmark, France, the Netherlands, Germany...and I guess causing the poor few dozen people in Scandinavia to get even colder.

So they say.

Of course, by that time, humans would have adapted to live in the now scorching Earth, and would further have to adapt to live in the now freezing Earth.

Okay, Tiger, I understand. Still, these things won't happen overnight. You mentioned "adapt" a couple of times. I think climate change is happening...change happens...it's one of the few things we can count on. The question is are we influencing the change to any great degree. Juries still out on that, as is whether or not the changes are actually bad ones.

TJR

Latest posts