Good bye Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Torres

Reaction score
Well I traded in the Sport Trac for an '06 Escape. Because of how much driving I do I needed the better fuel economy. Thank you everyone for the great advice I've gotten from this site over the past two years.

If anyone can use them I have a new Napa Gold air filter and oil filter that are yours free if you're willing to pay for shipping from So Cal to where ever you live. Also I have a couple of Lever-Lift end fittings (Richard describes these as "Plastic Gas Springs End-Fittings (4 each) w/locking caps") that are up for grabs if you're willing to pay for shipping.

Thanks again everyone and thanks Rich for putting together such a great site.

DavidT

Sorry to hear you had to trade in the ST! Mine looks exactly like yours (did)! I can take those off your hands. I am in 92071. Please let me know shipping and I can paypal or send a check for payment.

Thanks

Michelle

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't blame you. If I didn't need a pickup so bad I would trade mine in. As for as pickups go thought the ST gets just as good if not better mileage then others.

How many breakdowns did you have during that last trip home, Rodger?

JJust an FYI, the "breakdowns" were not the fault of the Trac, but the Flexalite 180 fan.

Tom

Nelson, I was NEVER behind a tow truck. :D The only problem was not having the electric fan not installed a few weeks before the trip to work out the bugs, and make sure it was working properly before leaving. The fan is now installed properly, and works great. If you read my post on giving a Big Thank You to Paul Arkett you would know that.

As an aside,

The wife just traded in her '05 trac for an '07 Mercury Mariner (same as an Escape, No?).

Could any of you out there let me (us) know what we may be in for? '06 and '07 are

very little different from what I have heard.

BTW, They'll get my Sport Trac from me when they pry the steering wheel from

my "Cold, Dead Fingers"!!!

:wub:

Wrong, TNTrac. The Mountaineer is the same as the Explorer. The Mariner is the Escape clone, along with the slight more modified Tribute.

My wife's '06 Escape V6 gets 24mpg hwy, 21 city in one year of driving.

Last edited by a moderator: