Good news about my Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Woodard

Reaction score
I've been reading here for some time now and it appears that no one has anything good to say about their vehicle . I've been really worried about my st , I've always expected the trany to go out or something major to go wrong . I've had my st for over three years now and only had to replace my windshield wipers and had my electric mirrow switch replaced.I just turned over 40,000 miles on a 2002 model and have only had these two minor problems . Has anybody else got something good to say about their st ...:(

I love my ST. I don't care about the tranny problems or any other problem the ST is known for.:D[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I always say I love my ST. I've not a problem with mine other than a couple of things. Both under warranty so no biggie. Most trade off or up for something bigger because they need more power or room. I think with the new ST having the V8 option, is going to make a huge difference, more people will buy them. A few here will not.

I love my ST as well. We had a rocky honeymoon with a several suspension issues and a leaking front differential, but now all is good. I look forward to enjoying my ST for a long time now and passing it to my daughter when she is old enough to drive. :D

I love my ST as well. I've had several minor issues with it, but whenever I even consider trading it in for something that "may" be less problematic, I sort of get sick to my stomach. So I say to hell with it- I like it, and until it gives me some REALLY big issue, I'm keeping it. Hopefully I'll pay it off and keep on driving it for a long time.....

[Broken External Image]:

Just turned 136,000 miles and transmission is original and other than maintance and brakes plus ABS sensor it has been a great car !!

Love my ST and going to drive it for a long time :p

I :wub: my ST if something brakes i will fix it is mechanical something is bound to brake at some point.

[Broken External Image]:

johowo,

I think it looks that way because most of the time people post when they have a problem and they need it fixed. No one really posts to say that it was cold today and the Trac worked perfectly or I just drove another 10,000 miles without a problem. I love mine and I guess we should post more good comments. :)

George

I could not agree more. The Ford Explorer is not the best selling SUV ever made because they are unreliable, unsafe, and poor quality.

Many people will complain when they have problems. Fact is, hundreds of thousands of people have owned 3, 4, and even 5 Explorer's since they were introduced.

If as many people had problems, like sometimes it seems there are, Ford would not sell as many Explorers as they do.

Tom

I am on my second Sport Trac. My first was a 2001 Job1 and I now have a 2003 model. I would never have purchased two nearly identical vehicles unless I didn't think they were safe and reliable.

My 2001 Sport Trac had a few minor problems that the dealer resolved within the first three months I owned the truck and I never had any further problems. My 2003 has never been back to the dealer for any problems except for a recall to check for a loose emmission hose.

My old Honda Accord had far more problems the first 3 years I owned it, and Honda is supposed to set the industry standard for car quality!

...Rich

Thanks much for all the replys ,I was just really worried about mine from reading all the bad post . I,,ve even went to trade it off a few times , but couldn't find anything I liked better. Guess I'll just keep it for a while !

I love my Trac!

You do read a bunch of negatives here but this is a site concentrated on the topic of the wonderful ST. Look at it as more of a learning opportunity so you can keep your Trac healthy.

Over 104,000 miles, and I've only had to replace the DPFE sensor, and I've got to fix the drivers door lock actuator and door handle. Everything else has been routine maintenance. :D

[Broken External Image]:

I wont use the word love, but I really like my Trac. I have had it for 18months, it is low miles BC we have 3 vehicles and 2 drivers..my ownership and driving it has been great..If I ever have a problem I will deal with it the same as any...I would be willing to bet there are more Tracs without problems, than there are..

I made a few mods shocks and such and it is a pleasure to drive it...

Maybe I do :wub: my Trac....:D

My and I love ours. The only problem we have had with it is that it was slipping out of overdrive. Other than that that I think it is the best truck I have owned.

my baby is hovering around 41 k right now...its 2003...

won't trade it for anything...

:D

[Broken External Image]:

26k on my 2004. I've had it for almost two years now and I haven't had any problems with it. I love it's versatility and I'm happy with my decision to get it.