Good or bad...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Smith

Reaction score
Hey, getting the Trac moving from a stop while pulling the trailer is ok, but I am working on trying to get a little more power up hills and stuff.

Would your modified TB help, and if so, would I lose any low end power? So far the only mod I have done is pull the noise baffle, and make a gasket between the airbox to the hole in the front. Oh, and also a drop in K&N filter. I can't afford much yet.

Allen

Allen, Yes it will help the bottom end, what will happen in your case is you will get more air in the engine at a lower throttle position and it will be easier for the air to flow in at the other positions.

The limiting factors for you are the restrictive stock air box ( which you modified so it is not much), Stock MAF, no tuner and the stock exhaust.

AS you get the air in you also need to get it out...

I feel you will notice a nice difference, It may not be as much as it could be but I think you would be happy with the results... I will have more in stock in about 2 weeks...

Todd Z