Goodrich Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lester Durst

Reaction score
List: The local Walmart has Goodrich Long Trail T/a tires. Any opinions on them please. Need to replace the GoodYears currently installed on the wifes 02 Sport-Trac.

TIA,

Lester

I ran a set of Long Trails on a 1993 Silverado VBST. I have no shame, I bought them at Sam's Club. I kept them rotated every oil change and checked the tire pressure every fill-up, and they gave me very good service. I felt like the wet traction was good, especially for a truck with a light rear-end. Had about 30,000 miles on them when I traded the truck, and they still had plenty of life in them. My tire guy talked me into the Daytons I have now, or I would have replaced the stock wranglers on my ST with them.

I have them as well. Roughly 20k miles on them, after 40k with the goodyears. I also went up to 265s as opposed to 255s. Wet traction was really what I was looking for, as the Goodyears were fine when it was dry, and they had good tread wear. the BFGs do provide the wet traction I was looking for, and they seem to be wearing good too. I rarely drive the ST now, but the wife hardly complains about slipping around. She used to complain all the time with the Goodyears.

Just got a set of these installed yesteday at Discount Tire. They matched the Wal-Mart price. I've only put about 50 miles on them, but so far so good - less road noise and a seemingly more compliant ride. Got mine siped, which should aid a bit in nasty traction conditions.

I can't complain too much about the GoodYears. I got nearly 50k out of them, but wet traction was somewhat pathetic.

Curious question for CW - why did you go with 265 vs the stock 255? Please don't make me wish I had - it's too late!

Hop

I know a few people on the Ranger boards that had them and say they're great in the rain and more than decent in snow.

What does that mean "Got mine siped, which should aid a bit in nasty traction conditions." ? does that help in snow too? and how much does it cost??

thanks

andy

Siping is when they use a machine to put additional razor-type slices in the treadblocks. It allows heat to dispurse better, ideally makes the tires last longer, and gives you a little extra traction because the tire has more "grabbing" power.

Cost me $7 a tire. I've had it done before and have been happy with the results, but that was on a sports car, not a truck.

A friend of mine runs the long trails on his F-150...he likes them..good milage..good in rain, acording to him...we live in houston area, no snow...

Latest posts