Goodyear Wiper Blades from Costco

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Costco here in San Diego has buy one get one free on the Goodyear Assurance Wiper Blades. Anyone had any experience with these? The Goodyear website is hopelessly useless, seems they don't even know they make them. Not sure how I'll find the correct model #

Thanks.

I bought a set last spring at Costco. They are not the best and I will probably not stick with them the next time I replace my wipers.:driving:

Thanks for your reply, that is useful. What do you recommend?

The Rain-X L beam blades are the best I have ever had have them on the trac and my wife's xc-90 and they really work great and seem to last quite while as well!

That comparison link doesn't conclude with any one brand being the best bet. Going to Pep Boys was an exercise in patience in trying to find someone who was knowledgeable. They don't have a buy one get one free deal on the Latitudes, you just get a $15 coupon mailed to you at a later date if you buy two Latitude blades ($17 ea.) along with a Rain-X windshield product. San Diego is not exactly a rain forest and I don't know if their windshield product would be as valuable here as it was back in FL where if poured hard regularly. Leaning toward now just getting a couple of Latitudes off Amazon for $23.50. Comments?

Thanks.

I am as picky about a clean windshield as I am about good brakes.

Down here in Texas, the heat will destroy wiper blades pretty quick. I find that the cheapest set works best since I end up replacing them as soon as they start streaking or chattering, which is about every 3-6 months on my Toyota. I have not tried the aftermarket Silicone blades, but I have had good luck with the silicone blades on my Mercedes

My 2008 Mercedes came with enclosed beam style Silicone blades that are fantastic. They worked great for over 2.5 years before they started to streak and chatter a little. The Mercedes blades cost $26 each from the dealer, and they recommend that you use a special windshield washer fluid made for Silicone wiper blades...it smells funny but it does work great. I noticed that conventional washer fluids with the silicone blades tended to cause streaking. Mercedes recommended changing the wiper blades every two years, but I wanted to see how long they would last here in Texas and 2.5 years appears to be the limit.

If aftermarket silicone blades are as good as the OEM Mercedes silicone blades, I may try them on my Toyota, but if not, I will go back to the cheap refills and replace them more often.

...Rich

Latest posts