Got a "new" ST! well....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsha Walker

Reaction score
Hi All,

got new Monroe sensatracs put on the ST yesterday. Ended up going to Sears, decided the old back couldnt do it. They had free installation, cost $211 but I'll get $50 of that back because of the rebate, actually works out to less then had I bought them at the parts store and installed them myself! It feels like a new truck to me! I took a look at the original Ford shocks, although not shot completely the bushings were crap. The top one on the fronts was all of 1/4" thick. I swear the steering feels different the front of the truck no longer nose dives when I have to stop quickly and the ride is better, it is a truck however but there is a noticable improvement on the truck wanting to jump sideways over bumps. I think Ive also increased my cornering speeds by 10 to 15 miles an hour. It always felt like the truck was going to roll right over on the corkscrew entrance ramps. Now its on to new tires and Im good to go for another 5 years. Get new shocks! It is SOOOOOO worth it! Marsha

Now you can fly on I-235 and corner well! I was driving North on I-235 the other day and with all the construction and sharp corners......the truck likes to bounce a little!

Get some Bridgestone Revo's !!

:cool:

Thanks for the head's up on the Sensa-Tracs Marsha. I've been eyeing them lately as I'm slowly discovering that my Monroe Reflexes may be a bit too stiff for my full satisfaction. When I got new tires I didn't know the shop only put 25/27 psi in them but I actually enjoyed the softer, yet controlled, ride. I've upped them to 30/33 psi and the Trac is stiff again. $211 minus $50 looks like a good deal without getting yourself dirty.

Thanks Glen for the tire tip. I will definetly check them out. Do you have them? Are they quiet?

Flip, that was my concern. That they would REALLY make it "trucky". The sensatracs brought back some of that but its not harsh at all. My main issue was the control. Scared the crap out of me to have the front nose dive all the time.

Ryan, dont wait.. its really a safety issue everyone should address.

Marsha

I also put on the Monroe Sensa-Tracs immediately after buying my 02 Trac. I run LT235/85R16 tires that only come in an E rating. Being 10 ply tires, I run 34 psi in the front and 35 psi in the rear. The sensa-Tracs make the ride very nice. I also do a lot of off road 4x4 driving here in MT, and the Sensa-Tracs do a great job off road. They sure beat the hell out of the stock (crap) shocks. I'm with you all the way Marsha! I have a bad back and these shocks help alot.

Gary :)

Those that want control w/ a good ride I suggest putting on either Monroe Reflex's & Rancho RSX (more preferrable) on the rear and either the Monroe Sensa-Tracs or Rancho RS5000 on the front. It is a softer version of the Edelbrock IAS Performer on the front and the KYB Monomax on the rear. Try it, I feel you'll like it.

Latest posts