Got my grille painted

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
I painted the stock grille yesterday. It turned out ok. I have a spare stock grille that I am going to paint chrome. It has some paint streaks in the honeycomb but the only way to tell is if you are up close. What do you think?

Andrew

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Looks pretty good!! I think I would like the chrome better though. Hope it works out for you and you can get some pics of what it looks like. I have the same color ST and have though about chroming it also. I'll let you "Guinne-pig" it for me since you have the extra grill!:lol:;)

Thanks, I think I will try the chrome out this weekend. It was not to hard to do, only trouble I had was trying to get the Ford emblem off. The socket that I was using seemed to not fit when it was on the rachet because of the treads on the emblem. Got it off finally by barley putting the socket on the rachet. I also took the headlights off so that I could get to the retaining clips. Now I know what I am doing so that it want take as long next time.

Andrew

FYI, If you are going to spray clear on top of the chrome paint, let it cure in the sunlight for a couple of days. Otherwise the clearcoat will blend with the chrome paint and dull to a silver gray...been there done that..;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you get your Silver Birch? Did you have it put in a spray can? Last time I looked Duplicolor didn't have it in a spray can.

It matche up good I think. But I would have rather had the Silver Birch. The brand I used was Duplicolor. It is for Trucks Vans and SUV's.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts