Got my new Flowmaster Exhaust - Long Story

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
Yesterday I had my new Flowmaster exhaust installed. It is single in and dual out with a 40 series delta flow--everything stainless. I went with Todd Z to where he had his installed and the system is excellent. It is a Meineke here on Long Island and all the pipes are smooth bends and the welds are clean throughout. I can tell everything was measured perfectly and I have nothing but good things to say about this place. If anyone in the area is looking for a custom exhaust I would 100% recommend them and I can tell you this from experience.

My original exhaust, which was installed about 3 years ago was garbage. The pipes were not held firmly and I was back to the original shop (not the Meineke) 2 times for broken hangers, etc. It ended up completely rusting and I even lost a tip. The only thing good on the entire system was the stainless flowmaster muffler. The pipes had sharp bends and everything was a mess. The Meineke guy was even laughing when I brought it in--Todd will confirm this. :D

So to end a long story if you are getting a custom exhaust make sure you know who is doing the work and if possible see some of their work. It is definitely worth it to go to someone who knows what they are doing and paying more for quality. Any shop can install a system but it takes someone great to do it right. I feel more power and the sounds is so much better too. Pictures coming soon...

George

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great to hear George. I had my original exhaust done in 2001 and partially replaced this summer. The original Muffler shop said they couldn't do what I wanted and the pipes ended up going straight back where the spare goes. The bracket holding the drivers side pipe broke 4 times and each time I went in there they were like "what do you want" attitude.

Took it to a speedshop and they had no problem doing the exact setup I wanted. It even sounds better now and the back pressure has increased giving it more low end torque.

So, what I have found is some muffler shops can do the work. Most of the Speedshops can do it with no problems.

Thanks guys. The exhaust sounds great and it defintely flows better than my old exhaust.

Mike, the total cost was $500 including stainless tips, and all parts and labor. Yes it wasn't cheap but it was well worth it. Y-Pipe is coming next for a little more sound and power ;)

George

Last edited by a moderator: