Got my ScanGauge

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
My scangage arrived yesterday. I pluged it in & did a quick setup. I was driving city traffic today back & forth to store, post office, school to pick up my kid etc.

My '02 with the air intake, an OEM tonneau cover driving moderatly & using the cruise when I can and a fresh set of Bosch Platinum Ir Fusion plugs (the old Autolights weren't bad) averaged 18.8 city

When I first got the truck I was doing 15.1 city! I think it's doing pretty good. How is everybody else doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of the scangauge, Andy did you get the trans temp to work and get the other trip gauges installed._Ron

I did get the tranny temp working, Ron. And I added a "current MPG" gauge too. Thanks for asking! :D

Jerry

I got mine at amazon.com

The reason is that although the price was $159.95 like everybody else, the did offer free shipping.

Here's the amazon link

If you register at www.cleanmpg.com or ecomodder.com, they have group buys w/ $10 off, and tons of tips/advice on how to increase your mpg via hypermiling.

I also found an extra cable for the ScanGauge for $18 shipped, to use it as a diagnostic tool on my other cars since the cable that comes with it is now intertwined in the ST's console wiring :)

here the linkto the cable if anyone is interested

Hey, anyone with a scangauge 2 know how to reset its MPG / fillup information? I keep forgetting to hit the fillup button and now it thinks I'm adding 550 gallons.

Unplugging doesn't reset it.

TIA

Latest posts