Got my ST back today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I got my truck back today, after the dealer told me yesterday they had to order the part, (this was as of 5 p.m. Tuesday). The dealer called me this morning at 8:30 am and said your truck is ready...I said huh? I thought you had to order the part and it was gonna be a couple of days, they said they decided to reset the PSM (TCM), and tested it and the shifting problem was fixed. I said okay, will be there on my lunch...Well when I got in my truck and got about a block away, i noticed almost a quarter of tank of gas was gone, and then i looked at my mileage , and at the invoice mileage (what the truck had on it when I turned it in). They put 41 miles on my truck.. and had a twenty mile discrepency on the invoice, boy made a u-ee and went right back to the dealer...the guy there could not answer why so many miles was put on my truck..well I made it fix it on the invoice and told him I wanted a answer and to have someone call me. Well they did and do u know what they had done...Used my truck as the Shuttle for the morning...GRRRRRRR!! I was not very happy and to top it all off, the truck is still doing the same thing, just not as bad. They told me to bring it back, but we are having to leave town for a Family funeral, and told them it would be next week some time.

I am going to see how it does on this trip, ( see if it gets worse or what) regardless I am still taking it back...Thanks for listening...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

they arent allowed to use your vehicle for other services with out you approving it.

bout a week ago, a local transmission shop got shut down and are in the process of being sued for "joy riding" in customers vehicles. sounds like thats what they did, and i think id report them to someone immediately. b/c im sure your not the only customer they have done this to.

Used my truck as the Shuttle for the morning...GRRRRRRR!! I was not very happy and to top it all off, the truck is still doing the same thing, just not as bad. They told me to bring it back

I had a dealer do that with my old Explorer. Do not let them get away with it. I had a few hundred dollar repair bill down to nothing, a free inspection, and free brake service after they pulled that crap.

Do not let this one slide. I would be livid if that had happened to me.

I am very sorry that happened. That is not fair at all.

Good luck. Ford won't care. Good customer service at the dealer is not important to them.

I'll bet your dealer was a "5-star", fully accredited quality dealer from Ford. Mine is, and the service and treatment is still crappy.

I'm sorry you had this happen.

Wounder if the dealer got a call or found a TSB from ford and they were told that was the fix for now.....

Alot of dealers have to call a "center" to get approval on repairs, Some times it requires sending pictures and other data to Ford..

Todd Z

this recently happened to a guy on my corvette list.

dropped his 74 off for some minor work with a full tank

when he picked it up they had a $25 charge on his bill for

putting gas in it. evidently they put enough miles on it

and ran it low enough to need gas.

his last update says he is still waiting for a response

from the shop owner and has filed a dispute with his

visa.

Got the same problem with my 07. Except mine is worse now since I got it back. And the mileage was ok. I wonder if they even drove it and checked it out. They said they re-set the brain to change the shifting sequence. If they did it didn't help. My salesman told me there have been quite a few Explorers in with transmission problems!

Oh I am gonna fight this one, I am also gonna look into the Georgia Lemon Law. My husband had to go out of town, and drove my ST to see how often the problem occurred, it done it a few times, he said not as much as it was, but the problem is still there..and it is a annoying one at that..:angry:

Oh, I remember those days.

Fords are wonderful!

My Trac would stall in traffic. The dealer said they fixed it... did it again... and again... finally I dropped it off to them and traded it in on my Tundra. Toytota Tundra that is. I'm not regretting it one bit. 30k miles and NO problems and all I have to do is take it in for oil changes!!! I love this damn truck.

Good luck. Go check out a Toyota if you get a chance... beats sitting in the waiting room at the Ford dealer.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mud,

How many Ford does your Dad have? Doesn't he have a construction company or something?

Tom

Caymen,

Since you asked...

My father owns [one of] the largest air-conditioning companies in the tricountry area. Currently, he has about 20 Fords, About 5 Chevys. A suzuki box truck, another box truck (don't recall the brand). He currently switched from chevy silverados to F-150's---- unimpressed to say the least.

Ford vans make up a majority of fords in the fleet, those are OUTSTANDING, unfortunately, I would never drive one as a personal vehicle.

Not to mention, my father also owns a mini storage facility, a car wash, a small sheet metal plant, and a curb adapter plant ... and of course, real-estate.

He currently drives a 1995 GMC Sierra (doesn't believe in having to have a new truck jst to have it) and he drives a ford van to work. He also has a Toyota Sequoia (my mother's) and soon to be 2500 07 GMC Sierra. He loves the GMC's and refuses to buy a Ford truck. His main reason for staying way from Ford is because of the company troubles and he believes GM makes a better truck.

I agree.

He won't buy a Tundra because there is no diesel.

He doesn't like the Sequoia, calls it a "SUV wannabe," maybe because he is like a lot of Americans who think Toyota can't build a tough vehicle.

Finally, we use a Dodge Ram Charger for hunting: IT'S A BEAST.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got back my SVT Focus yesterday after being at the Ford dealer since Monday. They needed to replace a transmission side axle seal. Only took them 3 x to get the correct 9.00 part in.

Joy riding...brother-in-law takes his M Roadster in for warranty work at 7:30am. 1:00am in the morning he gets a call from the sheriff dept that they found his car slammed into a median wall, totaled. Two mechanics thought it would be fun to take his car out for a joy ride. The dealer wasn't going to pay for any of the damages! Saying my brother-in-laws insurance would cover it. Freaking GM changed his mind when he told them his lawyer would be in contact with him as well as all of the local news channels.

Joy riding...brother-in-law takes his M Roadster in for warranty work at 7:30am. 1:00am in the morning he gets a call from the sheriff dept that they found his car slammed into a median wall, totaled. Two mechanics thought it would be fun to take his car out for a joy ride. The dealer wasn't going to pay for any of the damages! Saying my brother-in-laws insurance would cover it. Freaking GM changed his mind when he told them his lawyer would be in contact with him as well as all of the local news channels.

SUE! SUE! SUE!

then KILL! KILL! KILL!

Same thing happened to my mother

We had a 94 Bonneville that was peeling paint. A recall was issued, and she took it in to get it repainted. After she retrieved it, she noticed about 100 miles extra on the odometer. She also found 3 empty alcohol bottles under the seat. . . My dad took the car back to the dealer along with his lawyer . . eventually they gave her a free extended warrenty and refunded all past costs along with free oil changes, car washes, and tires. They also fired the three mechanics that had been joyriding in her car. . .

I got back my SVT Focus yesterday after being at the Ford dealer since Monday. They needed to replace a transmission side axle seal. Only took them 3 x to get the correct 9.00 part in.

That's because the axle seals are mismarked. The passenger side is actually the driver side (and vice versa).

Dennis

Mine is a 07 V8 with the 6 speed Trans...Taking it back to the dealer next week,

with a NOT so nice attitude...Nice is not getting me anywhere..