Got my tube steps linexed this weekend.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So I got my tube steps linexed last weekend. I pick them up this week and want to put them on this weekend. My only concern is the possibility of damaging the paint on the undercarriage where they attach. Any ideas about this? I was thinking about getting some gasket material and putting that between the truck and brackets. My concern there is trapping mouisture near the body. I'm also thinking about getting some good paint to coat the undercarriage with before these go back on. Any tips or ideas would be great.

Rich,

I had mine done about three weeks ago and didn't do anything when I reattached them. I left the brackets on the truck and only had the steps and plastic cover pieces done. I must say this was well worth the money I spent ($120 for steps, $25 for the plastic pieces). Steps look great and should hold up well.

Dan

My brackets were rusting so I had those done too. I was more concerned with those over the steps. I paid $160 total for everything. I'm just a little concerned that as they move or vibrate they'll wear away my paint on the undercarriage.

Well, the brackets look great, the tubes look great, but I discovered they're rusted on the inside too. I'm pissed I spent the money to have them coated now. Oh well, they look cool.