Got my xcal yesterday!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Levin

Reaction score
It came with 3 tunes, all for 93 Octane:

torque

performance

economy

Put the torque tune in last night. This morning on the drive to work I noticed much better shifts (I had the 2-3 lag) and better power off the line. I'm going to throw the econo tune in for the drive this weekend to Todd Z's and then dyno it with stock, and performance tunes.

I ordered it from Doug @ Bamachips, 399 plus 10 for shipping. ordered it last Wednesday night, shipped thursday morning, received tuesday afternoon.

thanks Doug!

Cool, But why a 93 Economy ???? Isn't that kind of a waste ?

Todd Z

I did that b\c since I started putting 93 in the truck I was getting ~2 mpg better gas mileage. I do a couple of long distance trips ( to GA and back) each year but I barely got 19 mpg's on those trips. I only run 93 in the truck now. ( did the math, based on the increased mpg's I will actually save $$$ every year if I keep my miles the same and the price difference between 87 and 93 remains constant)

I get it, it makes sense to me. Yes the fuel cost more but you get more out of it. I do as well, especially if I can keep it below 70. Then my mileage increase is substantial.

Can't stay below 70 when the speed limit is 70 or 75. My Trac, with 3.73 dif, cruises really nice at 2,500 RPM and gets about 19+ mpg.

I used to get 13-15, now I get 15-17 normally. The only change was the octane. I drive 35 miles each way and most of it is stop and go, followed by a mad dash down RT 287 @ ~80 followed by 10 more minutes of stop and go.

Wounder if it is going to be "better" or simply just have more " make you ant to buys" on it..

Bet you could pick up a used Xcal2 after Christmas dirt cheep...

Todd Z

The tunes won't be any different, just the features of the device...it will be something you will want to have connected all the time as it has an LCD display that can show all sorts of stuff as well as provide shift light and other functions.

When I purchased this one from Doug, he mentioned the new one, but it didn't seem to be worth the extra $$$ that it would be going for.

I can't say for certain b\c it was just a small tidbit in my conversation with Doug, but I believe it was going to be around $500. Doug @ Bamachips or Torrie @ fastpartnetwork might be able to give us some more particulars...

I have already had livewire in my hands. And from a calibration perspective the hardware used to ReFlash the vehicle is irrelevant. It comes down to the competency of the tuner how the vehicle reacts in the end not the device. Yes it offers features that the Xcal 2 does not whether or not it will speak to all memebers of this group is yet to be seen.

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com

http://www.srt8tuning.com

SCT Custom Chip / Flasher dealer

Wideband Dyno tuning is back on !!!

Latest posts