Got my xcal2 for my 07 v6!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Townsend

Reaction score
I gotta say man tht thing feels good. I have only used the 87 tune since im waiting to run out of gas so I can pump in some 93. Making the throttle actually open a soon as you hit the pedal makes it worth the 379 right there.The shifters are alot quicker and fimer, and i was told i could harden them more or soften them up if wanted. I am still kinda waiting to see the change on my mpg since i was basically havinga heavy foot after I got it.I have no issues with the TBW and transmission as you see so , as i had said SCTdid deal with these issues and 07's can be tuned correctly.

I am waiting for all of this to be ironed out but I am still very interested in the Xcal2.

I am not really a big fan of the throttle by wire, feels wierd, it gives me a sputter when I step on the gas when first taking off from the first engine start up on a cold engine. Doesnt do it anymore once warmed up. It is not a hesitation, its like the computer needs to feel the throttle once to set things up. I dont like it. Not crazy how the tranny shifts either.

With the V8 I would like to get better gas milage also. Please keep us posted.

LSU,

I would also lower the slip times on the tranny clutches and lower the converter lock up time.

You could get the tranny to chirp the tires but it a violent shift, and I don't recommend it.

Did they up the TPS voltage so the tranny kicks down faster?

if you MPG doesn't suffer, you may want to up the MAF curve 5% as well.... Get some more fuel in there.... :):)

Todd Z

Hey todd this is what justin told me. I figured he could answer i better since he did all the work.

"My tune does lower the slip time and reduce the converter lock up time. Tweaking TPS voltage is not how you tune shift schedules. Changing the maf curve (fueling) is pointless without data." -Justin

This is taking about my tune.