Got rear ended over the weekend

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guys I got rear ended over the weekend and was wondering if the side of the cargo bed (quarter panel/ fender) can be changed and if so where can I get one. The damage is not much, but the other driver is willing to get me one. I've included pics to give you an idea as to what I am talking about.[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

It is the rear passenger side

Ok guys, I went to the repair shop yesterday to get an assessment and this is what we found.

1-The bed is crooked, donno if the bed just moved on the frame or if the frame is crooked

2-The tail gate is under strain

3-The bumper has a slight bend

4-There is a horizontal hairline crack on the tail light from the tailgate end going in

I'm waiting on the assessor's report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad your ok,

That looks like the exact damage to Rachel's truck.... I think the total was under $3,000 ( with rental car) and it was fixed perfect..

Todd Z

I forget to mention, I'm not in the US, so if I could just order the part and have it shipped that would be fine so I need to know if it is buyable. I will also definitely have the frame checked as well. Thanks guys.

If you plan to replace the bed side, it is $467.60 just for the part. Don't have access to the labor/paint side of it, though, since we don't have an on-site body shop.

Thanks Roger, that's a big help. The body works will be dealt with later. I just wanted an estimate of the cost for the Bed side. Do you have a link to a site or somewhere where I can get it?

Kenrick,

Glad your ok too dude.

I was rear ended twice and $3000 is what the cost was the second time around. $7000 the first time. I may have some pics in my library still.

I do recommend a frame laser measure. I had it done both times and the first rear ending the frame was way out of align. The side rear quater will likely be replaced. Depending on your insurance campany, I would ask for all new motorcraft parts, not scrap or junkyard material. Make sure the bed is straigth as well, mine was crooked after the first rear ending.

Good Luck!

Ok guys, I went to the repair shop yesterday to get an assessment and this is what we found.

1-The bed is crooked, donno if the bed just moved on the frame or if the frame is crooked

2-The tail gate is under strain

3-The bumper has a slight bend

4-There is a horizontal hairline crack on the tail light from the tailgate end going in

I'm waiting on the assessor's report.

Roger I will email you to get more information on purchasing these parts.

Latest posts