Got The Lift...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate B

Reaction score
Well, today I just about finalized my shopping list of things I need to lift the ST. I now have the body lift, the spindles, the add-a-leafs, the Powerslot rotors (and pads), and the shocks. The only thing I need now is going to be the tires and wheels, which I might end up picking up at work tomorrow. I don't know if its too early of a notice, but I'm going to try to do the lift this weekend, if not, next. I might end up getting ball joints all around - might as well while I'm tearing into the truck.

After it's lifted, 4:88 gears and a diff cover and lets call it a day. :D

I'm gonna be putting on 35x12.50 R17 Procomp XTerrains with the X-Treme Alloy 6005 series Procomp wheels. I'm planning on taking a bunch of pictures before, durring, and after the install, so don't worry, I'll have a lot. :)

Sounds sweet. Wish I had the money to get the Superlift and some 35s instead of the 33s I have now but I have a long list of things to do before even thinking about that. Im going to hold you to those pics and bye the way those wheels look nice too. :D

You'll love the Xterrains, little bit of road noise at 35mph, but nothing that you wont get used to. Cant wait for pics, Im hoping to move up to 35's someday... :rolleyes:

Hey Adam, if you ever wanted to go ahead with the Superlift on your truck, just let me know and I could probably work out a pretty good deal for you. The wheels were just recently released... I think only about 2 months or so now, and yes, I agree with you... very nice. :)

Lane - about 90% of the trucks at work have the XTerrains on them, including my bosses lifted hummer (on 40's) that I've had the privelage to drive. I think they're great tires. Like you said, they're not an all terrain by any means, so they're a little louder, but well worth it.

COME ON!! All this talk is getting me excited!!!

You'll have to find a way to come down to the next meet in Kingman...you're truck will look like the box that all of ours came in.:D

I'm excited to see the pictures.

Ive got questions about your brakes (and pads). Where did u get them and were they fit specific for the trac or for a Ranger? Are you getting them to compensate for the new wieght of weels and tires?

Lift sounds really exciting. I cant wait to do mine. Im about $500 shy of paying all in cash :) I sit and do research almost everyday.. I HATE WAITING!!

Some of the folks are planning to get together for a mini-meet in Vegas in March. It'll be the same weekend as the NASCAR race there. I believe it's the weekend of March 11th. We won't be able to make that one. We're off to the Bon Jovi concert in Phoenix that week.

We (meaning the collective we) haven't set a date for the next one here in Kingman. I hope it's not until after the 07's come out. Colorado River Ford promised to deck one out for us.

Nate, looking forward to seeing the lift! We briefly talked about a meet in March during the NASCAR race. GM, Kelly and I already have our tickets. If enough people are interested, we can put something together. I put up a post in the Events section. Hopefully we'll get enough interest to put something together. Get those so cal boys motivated for us!

Latest posts