Great news for 07 V8 ST Owners

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night, I swapped out Todd's TB for the stock one, just in case there were any issues. This morning, after a cold start, on my way to work, the truck was surging. That's one of the things in the TSB! Apparently, Todd's TB was helping out much more than I thought.

I was the first person at the door at 7am and waited 2 hours for my ST to be complete. All the people there for oil changes came and went. I assume I was waiting on the top technician to be ready for my ST, which is just fine with me. Thoughts of reasons why they couldn't do the TSB were floating through my head the entire time. Thinking about aftermarket exhaust to a new engine, etc. After 2 hours at Stoler Ford, I got my truck back with the TSB update. After starting it, it went right to 1000rpm instead of revving way up. Drivability was better, nice shifts and immediate downshifts when I gave it more throttle. Throttle response was better. No more 2-to-1 downshift bump. I didn't need to pull a fuse or disconnect the battery. The changes were obvious from my drive out of the dealership.

Tonight, I'm putting Todd's TB back on the ST. Then, we'll see what's really going to happen!

Oh, I noticed that on my receipt, it said "Options: DLR: OTH ENG: 4.6_Liter_SOHC" so I guess that's the result of my new factory replacement engine at 850 miles.

Lil Red - yep, I put Todd's TB back on the night after the reflash. There's more power there for sure. Especially in 1st gear now. It feels like it's really planting you back in the seat more than the stock TB and sounds more aggressive overall.