Grill bracket...what is this for?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggy Two

Supporting Member
4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Adrenalin
Reaction score
Hello ST gurus.
Does anybody know what this was for? The empty bracket underneath front grill on 2009 STA.

Attachments

• 20220414_153446.jpg
    20220414_153446.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 46
Well, knock knock my socks off! Today I found the plug for the block heater stuffed into the radiator section. Was going to try it, but with a 97F temp outside I now have to wait until December. The plug seems to snap into the bracket. There are two screw holes and the one large hole for the plug. Does anyone know if there is a cover too? Or what are the two smaller screw holes for?

Hello ST gurus.
Does anybody know what this was for? The empty bracket underneath front grill on 2009 STA.
Have a simular bracket in my grille; mount for a MaleChassis 120vac3pin Connection+SprungClosedCover
that powers up an onboard trickle charger for the Battery.
A modular computer type cord with a wire lanyard plugs into that connection & a 120ac outlet in my workbench directly in front of the vehicle. For those extra cold RockyMtn winter nights.
When I back out of the garage, the lanyard "automaticly" unplugs the cord from that connector.

DILLARD000, any chance you could send me a photo of the bracket/plug? I am having problems finding how plug and bracket should be set up into the grill.
Yep, but will be another day or so before I'm back at the house,
then can take a pic of the front end of truck with the 120vac Connection.

CHECK the wires and connection at the block, Make sure it all looks safe before you just plug it in......

Ditto on safety comment from ToddZ; use a GFI outlet to power such 120vac Chargers\Heaters\PowerTools...
Below is pics of my OnBoard BatteryCharger Connection mounted in the front grille.
PanelMountPowerAdaptorWithSpringCover was bought off Amazon\Ebay.
PowerCord was from an old computer monitor with addition of a homemade LanyardAnchorWire;
this is secured to an anchor screw next to a GFCI outlet in the workbench in front of my truck.
I fab'd the mounting bracket from some scrap sheet metal.
Hope this helps.
2001.Ford_Elec.Batt_Chgr.Cord.GIF

Last edited: